Sunday, January 19, 2014

Empties #1: Moisturisers - Cetaphil, Shiseido, Sebamed

Hi! Today I will be doing my first ever Empties post which I am weirdly excited about. These posts will feature me showcasing you products that I have completely used up and giving you guys a mini review on them.

When reading this review you should take into account that I have very oily skin so these reviews will be based on my skin type.

The products I will be talking about are:

 1. Cetaphil Moisturising Lotion
 
Pros:
- Inexpensive
- Easily accessible; available at most pharmacies/supermarkets
- Can be used on face and body
- Can be used on all skin types. I have very sensitive skin and this did not break me out
- Very mositurising
- Doesn't leave a residue/film on your skin
- Absorbs relatively quickly
- Not sticky
- Fragrance free

Cons:
- Opaque packaging means you cannot see how much product you have left
- Does not contain SPF

I will repurchase this product. I think this is a great basic moisturiser that works on all skin types. However I will only use this at night because it doesn't contain any SPF in it.

2. Shiseido The Skincare Day Moisture Protection SPF 15
Pros:
- Moisturises and includes SPF
- Even though it includes SPF, it does not leave a white cast on your face

Cons:
- The product is very runny
- There is no pump and it's hard to get the product out especially when there's not much left
- Opaque packaging means you cannot see how much product you have left
- Expensive

I will not repurchase this product. I think that for the price there are much better moisturisers out there and I also wasn't a fan of the packaging.

 3. Shiseido Pureness Matifying Moisturiser
 
Pros:
- Moisturises and matifies your skin
- Absorbs very quickly
- Makes your skin feel soft and silky
- Oil-free
- Transparent packing so you can see how much product is left

Cons:
- Expensive
- Does not contain SPF
- Packaging is made out of glass and there is no pump, making it hard to get the product out

I will not repurchase this product (unless it goes on sale). I really like this moisturiser and I think it is great especially for those with oily skin but I really cannot justify the price. If you are wondering how I could justify the price in the first place, my mum actually got this from a Shiseido warehouse sale a while back =)

 4. Sebamed Moisturising Body Lotion
Pros:
- Absorbs very quicky
- Leaves the skin feeling very soft
- Inexpensive

Cons:
- Not widely available - may be hard to find
- Opaque packaging means you cannot see how much product you have left

I might repurchase this product. The tube pictured above is actually a sample size of the product I used up a while back. I remember loving it and wanting to purchase the full size but instead I bought the Antibacterial Cleansing Foam which is the reason I am now suffering with Eczema =(
Just a bad experience with the brand makes me unsure to approach them again if ya know what I mean ><

Anyways, those are all the products I have for my Empties #1 which I hope was helpful to someone out there..=)
I actually have another Empties post coming up, acne edition so look out for that =)

2 comments:

  1. Yay for finishing up products! I thought Shiseido would be a great skincare brand

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yay!
      Hm yea I think maybe Shiseido is geared to more 'older people' if you get what I mean. They aren't bad, just overpriced!

      Delete