Sunday, March 10, 2013

My Favourite Lip Balm/Review: Omi Brotherhood Menturm Medicated Stick

So over the many years of my life, I have been trying many different lip balms. My lips get chapped quite easily and it's really frustrating when I buy lip balms that I need to constantly reapply and/or ones that don't even moisturise my lips!

 The picture below only shows a small proportion of the lip balms that I have tried.
Now, not all of the lip balms pictured above are horrible/bad but I must say that my favourite one out of the bunch is the Omi Brotherhood Menturm Medicated Stick which is a lip balm from Japan.

I discovered this lip balm around 1-2 years ago when I was casually browsing a Japanese Cosmetic store. I must say that the packaging didn't really catch my attention the first time I saw it. However, after I went home and did some research, I found some good reviews on it so I decided to go out and buy it. 

Here is what the lip balm looks like in it's original packaging:


As you can see, the packaging is entirely in Japanese. However, the lip balm itself does tell you that the product is for "dried, chapped, cracked lips" which is how I knew it was a lip balm ><

The price of the lip balm is around $5 and the lip balm is 5g.

The lip balm itself is white in colour as shown below. When you apply it to your lips, it gives it a cooling/fresh minty-ish feeling and it instantly moisturises your lips. It feels quite similar to the original Burts Bees lip balm but it's not as strong and it's slightly cheaper. 

The formula of the lip balm also lasts quite a while, I reapply maybe once during the day.

I believe that there is also an Omi Brotherhood Menturm Medicated Stick in a white packaging but I haven't tried that one so I can't really compare. But for now, I'm really enjoying this lip balm!

The only bad thing I can say about this lip balm is that I don't think it contains any SPF. (Correct me if I'm wrong!) And yes, SPF is important, even for your lips!
Other than that, I have no complaints and would highly recommend this lip balm =)

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Where did you buy OMI BROTHERHOOD MENTURM MEDICATED STICK? :) is this available here in Philippines, How much is that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I'm from Australia so I'm not sure if you can get it in the Philippines. I bought it at a local Japanese store. You can get it online though- try amazon or imomoko.com.

      Delete
  2. Bought this while in Tokyo and have found it excellent!

    ReplyDelete