Monday, February 04, 2013

Review: Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy La Fleur

Hi! So if you know me, you would know that I am a huge Juicy Couture fan. Unfortunately, there are no Juicy Couture stores in Australia. However, the one thing that we are able to get our hands on are their perfumes!

I have smelt Juicy Couture perfumes in the past and I'm not so fond of the original Viva La Juicy. However, after I smelt the Viva La Juicy La Fleur I instantly wanted to purchase it.

I ended up getting the perfume a few weeks later and this is what it looks like:


 Front:

Back:

Firstly, the packaging is gorgeous and I love how all of the Juicy Couture perfumes have charms attached to the bottle of the perfume.
I bought the 150mL bottle from Myer for $145. Unfortunately this was the only size that they were selling apart from the rollerball/lip gloss duo.
150mL is a very large bottle that will last a very long time but I don't think I'll get sick of this scent anytime soon =)

The actual colour of the perfume is a slightly yellow colour.

Now onto the actual scent: It has quite a distinct floral/sweet scent but it is a very fresh scent. It's not as strong as the original Viva La Juicy, definitely much sweeter and has a hint of a fruity scent.

The main notes in this perfume are wild berries, mandarin and waterlily. The waterlily note definitely adds in the floral-ness to the perfume but nothing too overwhelming. Although, I can't say that I can really smell the mandarin part...

The description from the Juicy Couture website is "Uplifting. Playful. Dreamy. Inspired by the blushing aura of being in love, Viva la Juicy La Fleur is a breathtaking new fragrance that captures the dreamy, ethereal feeling of love’s first embrace."

 I think that if you are into sweet and floral scents you will like this perfume.

Unfortunately, this perfume does not last on my skin. I would say it lasts a good 1-2 hours at most. You would need to reapply it a few times if you wanted it to last all day.

None the less, I have no regrets buying this perfume =)

1 comment: